Donations are critical to the work and the mission of the York County Literacy Council. Your charitable contributions will help us to teach much needed skills that empower adults to improve their lives, and the lives of their families.
Click here to make your donation to YCLC. As a charitable organization, your donation to us tax deductible.
WHAT YOUR DONATION DOES…
$10 | Digital Literacy Support – increases the quality of technology of the classroom and YCLC’s Digital Learning Center.
$20 | Keeping Current – this allows YCLC to have an annual classroom newspaper subscription to expose Students to current events to learn.
$40 | Brings smiles for a student when the GED subtest exam fee is paid.
$100 | Gives Tools – program materials, books, and resources for students’ learning
$250 | Keeping Current – purchases GED Ready vouchers
$600 | Opens a new chapter in somebody’s life – this donation sponsors an adult Student for one year of learning.
$1,000 | Inspire a Brighter Future – a donation of this size does more than words could describe. You’ll not only be helping support classroom instruction, providing learning resources, giving Tutors more education to get better instructions, but your dollars will also help someone get a better job and support their family. Your dollars will eventually help put food on an empty table, make someone smile at an unexpected gift and ultimately be the starting point to change as our Students go into the world and give back to our community the same way that you gave to them.
YCLC needs the following items for our programs and for the office:
- Copy Paper (both white and color; letter, legal & ledger size)
- Children’s books in excellent to good condition
- Store Gift cCards (Giant, Weis, Wal-Mart, Borders, Target, Office Max, Staples ) in any denomination
- Sponsor for “Easy English News”-($14 provides one ten month subscription, 15 subscriptions desired)
- #2 Pencils
- Expo Whiteboard Eraser Wipes
Book/ Publisher/ ISBN/ Cost
- Contemporary’s Pre-GED Language ARTS, Writing / McGraw Hill/ January 2002 ISBN-10: 0072527633 ISBN-13: 978-0072527636 / $20 each
- Contemporary’s Pre-GED Mathematics / McGraw Hill/ January 2002 ISBN-10: 0072527609 ISBN-13: 978-0072527605/ $15 each
- Language Exercises (1-8) / Steck-Vaughn / varies for each edition / $16 each
- Necessary Skills for the Workforce: Job Readiness / Steck-Vaughn 978-08172-63812 / $17 each
- Number Power 1 Contemporary /0-8092-2380-5 / $12.25 each
- You and Your Child’s Teacher /New Readers Press / 627-AEF08 $13 each
- Real World Reading (2 binders) /PCI Education / each of 2 binders vary / $59.95 each
- Real World Writing (2 binders) / PCI Education each of 2 binders vary / $59.95 each
- Oxford Picture Dictionaries (latest edition) / Oxford University / Press 10 Copies / $15 each
- Side by Side Plus
- Prentice Hall Regents