2021 Bike Winners: Charlotte from Wallace Elementary School and Cheyenne from York Township Elementary School. Congratulations girls for a job well done, keep reading and enjoy riding bikes!
Buck A Book® 2022 – 30 Years!
Reading Week is January 17-24, 2022
BUCK A BOOK ® (BAB) Reading Program is a motivational reading program held in York County Schools that rewards students for reading and raising money to help others!
Buck A Book is Online @ http://www.buckabook-yclc.org. The site opens December, 2021.
BAB provides quality prizes to motivate students to read books and raise funds for the York County Literacy Council classes and programs.
YCLC understands that inspiring children to love reading will improve their opportunities for a better education and eventually a satisfying career. BAB becomes a family event for many of the students as brothers and sisters can participate and parents are proud to see their children become excited about reading.
The dollars raised through the BUCK A BOOK® reading program support YCLC free adult educational programs. YCLC thanks students, teachers and parents across York County for their participation and support!
To be a part of this dynamic reading program or to sponsor, call Rita @ 717-408 6348 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate our faithful BUCK A BOOK® SPONSORS 2021
Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania
Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania
Community Benefits Solutions LLC
NewsTalk 93.9 & 910 WSBA
York Ice Arena
Status of Buck A Book Prizes 2020– Due to COVID-19
Hershey Park Tickets –
- If Buck A Book ticket holders do not use their tickets this year, Hershey Park will honor the tickets for their 2021 spring season through June 30, 2021. July 1, 2021, the tickets will be void. If you go this season (2020) you will need to make reservations. 717 534 3900
- The ticket is good through the 2021 winter season. Ticket Expires 3/14/2021. All of the other activities at Heritage Hills Resort are currently open but that may change if there is a surge of the virus. 717 755-0123
York State Fair-
- They will exchange the current tickets for tickets to the York State Fair 2021 however they are not able to announce how that will take place yet. Hold on to your 2020 tickets.
Honey Run Golf Course-
- They are open and ready. You may want to call before you go. (717) 792-9771
York Revolution Baseball-
Their 2020 season has been shut down. York Revolution will honor your 2020 Buck A Book® voucher/ticket for a game in the 2021 Season.
Buck A Book® students who reached level # 3 received a note in their prize envelope with instructions on how to retrieve your York Revolution passes online at the York Revolution website. Students were able to retrieve two (2) passes for the game.
Please keep your tickets that you retrieved online because you will be able to exchange them for two (2) tickets to a game in the 2021 season.
If you did not have time to retrieve your tickets before things were closed, please keep your instruction sheet and you will be able to use that to receive two (2) passes to a game in the 2021 season. There was a promotion code provided on that sheet in order to retrieve your tickets.
Exchanges must be made at the York Revolution Box Office after the 2021 season is announced. The Box Office number is 717 801 4487. You may check their website at www.yorkrevolution.com for updates and information about re-opening for the 2021 season.
York Ice Arena-
- The tickets are good until the end of December 2020. They will announce the schedule/dates for public skate on their website. 717 848-1084
Roundtop Mountain Adventure
- They are closed for the summer 2020 season. They should honor the tickets for 2021 but we are waiting to hear how they will do that. (717) 432-9631
- Drive through is open