Send Resume to:email Kim
Title: Pre-High School Equivalency Instructor
Reports to: Adult Reading Coordinator (AR Coordinator)
Status: Part-time Hours: 6 hours per week
Responsibilities: The Pre High School Equivalency Classroom instructor will teach the prerequisite skills to help students pass the Commonwealth Secondary School Diploma (GED or HiSET) content areas of writing, reading, science, social studies, and mathematics and assess the students’ mastery of these skills.
- Teach HSE students in a multi-level classroom
- Develop lesson plans based upon the summative test profile for each student
- Implement the current curriculum and the goals of YCLC (financial, workplace, computer, and health literacy)
- The instructor should formatively assess and evaluate student needs, participation, attendance, and advise the AR Coordinator or AR Assistant any areas of concern that may need to be addressed.
- Keep all class records for students and volunteers, prepare reports as requested, and submit material requests to AR Coordinator
- Maintain copies of students’ work
- Act as a liaison with the teaching site, if necessary
- Must have the capability to work remotely using online platforms to deliver instruction if necessary. This requires a PC/laptop/tablet with audio/video capability, and internet. Instructor will be trained on current platforms YCLC is using for remote instruction
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree required
- Teaching experience required (2+)
- Experience teaching special education, a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work environment is in a classroom setting. May sit, stand and walk for varying periods of time. Must be able to walk and climb stairs and carry items weighing up to 30#.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Send Resume to email Kim