Visit https://www.indeed.com/cmp/York-County-Literacy-Council to upload your resume and view open positions.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT,JOB DESCRIPTION
The York County Literacy Council is looking for an outgoing, organized, detail oriented, professional fundraising Director of Development.
Comprehensive management skills and experience are required, including but not limited to:
- short and long-term planning, evaluation, directing and motivating staff and volunteers, excellent oral and written communication skills, marketing, fund development and financial management.
- managing and implementing a comprehensive fund development program that produces charitable contributions.
- highly competent motivator of volunteers and staff.
York Literacy’s next Director of Development will have knowledge and experience in the following areas is required:
- the nature and dimensions of philanthropy, ethics, motivation for giving and volunteering, research and cultivation practices, standard fundraising techniques including face-to-face solicitation, proposal writing, special events, telephone solicitation, and direct mail, and development office functions including gift processing, prospect and donor histories, and fundraising reporting.
- demonstrated experience and confidence in asking people to contribute time and money.
- Savvy with computer systems and databases is also necessary.
- Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 per year
The York County Literacy Council follows the CDC’s COVID guidelines.
Send résumé to Bobbi Anne DeLeo
Pre-HSE INSTRUCTOR, JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Pre-High School Equivalency Instructor
Reports to: Adult Reading Coordinator (AR Coordinator)
Status: Part-time, hours vary, Non-Exempt
Responsibilities: The Pre-HSE Instructor will teach the prerequisite skills to help students move into the HSE class and pass the Commonwealth Secondary School Diploma content areas of reading, writing, science, social studies, and mathematics. And assess the student’s mastery of these skills.
- Teach Pre-HSE students in a multi-level classroom.
- Develop lesson plans based upon the summative test profile for each student.
- Implement the current curriculum and the goals of YCLC (financial, workplace, computer, and health literacy).
- The instructor should formatively assess and evaluate student needs, participation, attendance, and advise AR Coordinator or AR Assistant any areas of concern that may need to be addressed.
- Keep all class records for students and volunteers, prepare reports as requested, submit material requests to the Adult Program Manager.
- Maintain copies of student’s work.
- Act as a liaison with the teaching site, if necessary.
- Must have the ability to work remotely using online platforms to deliver instruction if necessary. This requires a PC/laptop/tablet with audio/video capability, and internet.
- Work with AR Department (Coordinator and Assistant) to maintain book inventory and account for book money of sold student text books.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree required
2. Teaching experience required (2+)
3. Experience teaching special education preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work environment is in a classroom setting. May sit, stand, and walk for varying periods of time. Must be able to walk, climb stairs, and carry items weighing up to 30#. Manual dexterity necessary using hands and arms.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Send résumé to Kim Swindle