Digital Literacy Instructor
TITLE: Digital Literacy Instructor Associate
REPORTS TO: Adult Program Manager and Community Relations Manager
SUPERVISES: Computer Lab
STATUS: Part-time (20-21 hours per week)
RESPONSIBILITIES: York County Literacy Council (YCLC) Digital Literacy Instructor Associate
will have excellent communication, patience with learners, have interpersonal skills and will
be energized working in a collaborative environment; will be flexible, self-motivated,
organized, and able to work well under pressure. Use approved curriculum to teach basic
Digital Literacy to learners, assist learners in independent study or other approved computer
use in YCLC’s computer lab, as well as with technology challenges.
1. Responsible for using approved curriculum to teach a range of digital literacy skills from
beginning through advanced levels of computer skills and applications.
2. Facilitate and teach approved workshops and computer classes in computer and internet
fundamentals, specific computer applications, and accessing and understanding how to use
online health, financial, and workplace information as determined by program needs, and
3. Provide lab hours for one-to-one digital literacy support for participants both in-person and
4. Track and keep up to date, student files that will include intakes, progress, and goals as
determined by the program requirements, funder, and supervisors.
5. Track and maintain all IT equipment at YCLC including Chromebooks, laptops, pc’s,
smartboards, and any other tools used in the delivery of programs.
6. Assist and support ESL, ABE, and HSE Instructors with the integration of technology into
their classes. Provide in-class computer-based lessons on textbook topics being taught.
7. Along with supervisors, assist in marketing classes and lab times by creating flyers and
8. Weekly reporting to supervisors and attending team and agency meeting as determined by
9. Work with racially, economically, sexually, and gender-diverse populations as well as lowliteracy populations.
1. Associates Degree in Information Technology or other IT Certification (required)
2. Ability to exercise patience to instruct a variety of ability levels (required)
3. Teaching experience preferred
4. Spanish speaker a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work environment is in a classroom setting. May sit, stand, and walk for varying periods of time. Must be able to
walk and climb stairs and carry items weighing up to 30#.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
of the job.
Throughout the year, we often have need of teachers to fill or substitute for positions such as this. If this is something that would interest you, please contact us and submit a resume. We will contact you when positions become available to see if the current position fits your schedule.
Title: English as a Second Language (ESL) Workplace Instructor
Reports to: Adult Program Manager
Status: Part-time (hours vary per contract), Non-Exempt
Teach an ESL class for adults at a work site. Curriculum is developed through a collaboration of the contractor’s management team, ESL Coordinator, and Adult Program Manager.
1. Teach ESL workplace topics to adult learners.
2. Develop lesson plans/curriculum as needed (must be submitted before instruction at the workplace begins).
3. Assess and evaluate the adult students.
4. Keep all class records for students, prepare reports, and other administrative tasks as needed.
5. Maintain copies of students’ work.
6. Act as a liaison with the teaching site, if necessary.
7. Assist in recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteer classroom aides, as necessary.
8. Carry out other duties as assigned.
1. College degree or equivalent experience required.
2. Multi-cultural experience required.
3. Teaching experience required.
4. Bi-lingual (Spanish) is helpful.
5. Carry out other duties as assigned.