Teaches English as a Second Language class for adults
1. Teach ESL to adult learners using approved curriculum.
2. Develop lesson plans using approved curriculum.
3. Assess and evaluate students on an ongoing basis, inform coordinator or assistant of students ready to advance.
4. Keep class records and attendance for students and volunteers. Maintain copies of students work for student files.
5. Prepare reports and other administrative tasks as requested.
6. Assist in recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteers and classroom aides.
8. Must have the ability to work remotely using online platforms to deliver instruction, if necessary. This requires PC/laptop/tablet with audio/video capability and internet.
9. Encourage and oversee distance learning activities.
10. Regularly communicate with students by telephone, email, and/or text messages regarding class meetings, assignments, and platform information.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
TWO positions available:
Instructor for ESL Advanced Class Monday & Wednesday 6:30 to 9 PM (plus prep time).
Instructor for ESL Low Intermediate Tuesday and Thursday 6:30 to 9 PM (plus prep time).
Send résumé to Kim Swindle
Title: Data Entry Clerical Coordinator for Fund Raising Events
Reports to: Community Relations Manager
Status: Part-time (non-exempt)
Hours: 20, flexible
Duties: Responsible for coordination of Buck A Book Reading Program and support of special events.
1. Buck A Book
BUCK A BOOK® (BAB) is an annual reading program/fundraiser. School students recruit sponsors and
read books for two weeks in January. YCLC provides prizes for participants. Schools may also receive
incentives for participation, for example: library books and assemblies. Business sponsors are eligible for
marketing opportunities to students and their families
• Organize, prepare, and coordinate delivery of printed and digital materials to be distributed to
and/or posted by York County School Districts.
• Organize, track, and process all BAB participation; synchronizing online and envelopes.
• Prepare reports:
• chart all participating school goals (for calculating schools to receive incentives)
• chart all BAB participants by district, school, grade, teacher/classroom, and prize
• responsible for data entry and required reports regarding all aspects of BAB campaign.
• Organize and prepare all prizes for delivery
• Working with Community Relations Manager, recruit volunteers for materials assembly,
delivery, pickup, processing, and prize delivery
• Take minutes at all BAB meetings.
2. Other Special Events
Assist with all special events including but not limited to:
“Books Prizes and Surprises” virtual auction and “Night at the Museum” (live event)
• Assist with launching virtual auction on auction site (i.e. Auctria) platform.
• Assist with securing items, gift cards, gift items for the auction.
• Assist with arranging the packages, photographing, and entering on auction site.
• Assist with arrangements for event site and planning.
• Assist with set-up and implementation of event.
3. Other duties as assigned
• excellent organizational and planning skills
• detail-oriented aptitude
• strong computer skills – proficiency with Microsoft Suite and database experience
• ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high energy and a positive attitude
• effective communication skills, both written and verbal to communicate well with diverse
audiences in a professional and courteous manner
• clerical skills including typing of at least 40 wpm, accurately
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work environment is a normal office environment. Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, some
walking, standing, continual use of arms and hand to perform regular office assignments and set-up of
Data Entry and charting for extended periods of time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Send résumé to Rita Hewitt