Teaches English as a Second Language class for adults
1. Teach ESL to adult learners using approved curriculum.
2. Develop lesson plans using approved curriculum.
3. Assess and evaluate students on an ongoing basis, inform coordinator or assistant of students ready to advance.
4. Keep class records and attendance for students and volunteers. Maintain copies of students work for student files.
5. Prepare reports and other administrative tasks as requested.
6. Assist in recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteers and classroom aides.
8. Must have the ability to work remotely using online platforms to deliver instruction, if necessary. This requires PC/laptop/tablet with audio/video capability and internet.
9. Encourage and oversee distance learning activities.
10. Regularly communicate with students by telephone, email, and/or text messages regarding class meetings, assignments, and platform information.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
TWO positions available:
Instructor for ESL Advanced Class Monday & Wednesday 6:30 to 9 PM (plus prep time).
Instructor for ESL Low Intermediate Tuesday and Thursday 6:30 to 9 PM (plus prep time).
Send résumé to Kim Swindle