YCLC’S Literacy in the Workplace Training (our only fee for service program) is custom designed to instruct your employees in the English they need to communicate and succeed at your company. Each Literacy in the Workplace is customized to meet the needs of your company and your employees.
The Program Offers…
- Workplace Language Needs assessment
- Focus groups to establish objectives and expectations
- Customized lessons based on the needs of your employees
- Assessment of employees’ English proficiency
- Experienced and qualified instructors
- On-going feedback and evaluation of the program
BENEFITS TO YOUR COMPANY
- Improved communication and teamwork
- A more efficient and productive workplace
- Improved morale and self-confidence of employees
- Reduction of miscommunication and misunderstandings
- Improved job performance
POTENTIAL TOPICS FOR WORKPLACE PROGRAMS
- Employee/Supervisor communication
- Co-worker/co-worker communication
- Real-work language (including vocabulary & conversations)
- Literacy skills
- Conversational English
- Employee benefits
For additional information or to schedule and appointment, call 717-845-8719 or email the Executive Director.
DAWN FOOD SUCCESS!
Since “Safety is our first ingredient” we wanted to make sure everyone is always up to date on all safety topics and procedures. We were delighted when over 80 team members signed up to take the English As A Second Language course we partnered with the York Literacy Council to develop using the coursework materials from Dawn Food Products.