York County Literacy Council
Title: Fund Development Director
Title: English as a Second Language (ESL) Substitute Instructors Needed (Variety of classes and times)
Reports to: ESL Coordinator
Status: Part-time, 11 months per year – Non Exempt
Responsibilities: Teaches an ESL class for adults
1. Teach ESL to adult learners
2. Develop lesson plan/curriculum (cc must be submitted monthly)
3. Assess and evaluate the adult students
4. Keep all class records for students and volunteers, prepare reports, order books, and do other administrative tasks as needed.
5. Maintain copies of students work
6. Act as liaison with the teaching site, if necessary
7. Assist in recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteer classroom aides.
8. Carry out other duties as assigned
1. College degree or equivalent experience required
2. Multi-cultural experience required
3. Teaching experience required
4. Experience teaching ESL preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work environment is in a classroom setting. May sit, stand and walk for varying periods of time. Must be able to walk, climb stairs and carry items weighing up to 30#.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Send Inquiries and Résumé to Kim Swindle