English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor
Reports to: ESL Coordinator
Status: Part-time, 11 months per year – Non Exempt
Responsibilities: Teaches an ESL class for adults
1. Teach ESL to adult learners
2. Develop lesson plan/curriculum (cc must be submitted monthly)
3. Assess and evaluate the adult students
4. Keep all class records for students and volunteers, prepare reports, order books, and do other administrative tasks as needed.
5. Maintain copies of students work
6. Act as liaison with the teaching site, if necessary
7. Assist in recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteer classroom aides.
8. Carry out other duties as assigned
1. College degree or equivalent experience required
2. Multi-cultural experience required
3. Teaching experience required
4. Experience teaching ESL preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work environment is in a classroom setting. May sit, stand and walk for varying periods of time. Must be able to walk, climb stairs and carry items weighing up to 30#.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Send Résumé to Erica Runkles
Additional ESL Opportunities: There are a number of ESL Instructor positions open for a term class. We also have openings for substitute ESL Instructors.
Send Inquiries and Résumé to Erica Runkles
Status: Part-Time non-exempt (16-20 hours) $10 per hour
Responsibilities: Receptionist for busy front office. Applicants must have a pleasant, professional demeanor, able to work with a diverse population. Job duties include but are not limited to: answering phones and helping walk-ins, processing mail, data entry, customer service, gathering quotes for supplies, assisting with bulk mailings and assisting with event preparation.
- High school degree or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to communicate well with diverse audiences required.
- Clerical skills including typing of at least 40 wpm required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Desktop experience with Word, Excel and database experience required.
- Minimum of 1 years related office experience preferred.
email résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org